Are you eligible?
Are you or your loved ones suitable for treatment? Click below to view our criteria and to find out if you can be treated at Practice Plus Group Hospital, Ilford.
Safe criteria for treatment:
Patients that do not meet the safe criteria for treatment are not suitable for surgery at Practice Plus Group Hospital, Ilford:
- The patient has a Body Mass Index of 42 or less for general anaesthetic, or 45 or less for local anaesthetic (under 160 kgs and able to transfer independently)
- The patient must be aged 18 years or over
- The patient must not be pregnant
- The patient does not require complex rehabilitation or have a chronic disease that would require immediate post-operative care in an ITU
- The patient does not have sickle cell anaemia, renal failure or have had a cardiac arrest or cardiac intervention (e.g. insertions of stents) in the last six months
As long as the condition is managed, and the patient is stable upon admission for treatment, we can accept patients with:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High blood pressure
- Parkinson’s Disease
6 simple steps to get back on track
Step 1: Get in touch with us
Our friendly team is on hand to answer any questions you might have, and explain our self pay solution to you before you start. We’ll make sure you have all the information you need.
Just call us on 0330 058 1719.
Step 2: Get your referral
Before you come to see us, speak to your GP or other healthcare professional (dentist, optometrist or physio, for example) and ask for an open referral letter.
Step 3: Book your appointment
Once you have decided you would like to pay for your treatment, we can arrange your first consultation. Our initial consultation fee is £95.
Step 4: Meet your consultant
Your specialist will discuss treatment options with you and explain any diagnostic tests you might need as part of your individual care package.
Step 5: Book your treatment
You will be given a surgery time with very little wait. Payment is made before you start your treatment.
Step 6: Get your life back on track
We’ll take care of the rest, leaving you to focus on treatment and recovery while our professional medical teams deliver your personalised care.